Steven Carter, Julia Sokol, Men Who Can't Love Review

knl46's review of Steven Carter, Julia Sokol, Men Who Can't Love

Steven Carter, Julia Sokol, Men Who Can't Love

“I accidentally found this book after a two year...”

Written on: 13/04/2004 by knl46 (1 review written)

Well written insight into the manipulations of a commitmentphobic.

General Comments
I accidentally found this book after a two year relationship ended with an eight week marriage. I had no idea what had happened and I was in shock until I read this book. The authors were able to unmask the subtly manipulative behavior of these kind of people and firmly identify what to watch out for in the future. This book helped me absorb what had happened and to understand that I could have avoided it if I had been more aware of meeting my own needs. It also helped to understand, once again, that it's critically important to focus on the actions of an individual and not the words or excuses because these types will not take responsibility for their destructive actions.

Peg Carper's Response to 151291_knl46's Review

Written on: 15/02/2010

I found this review very helpful because...It was expressed articulately and to the point. The writer was clearly educated on the issue of commitment phobia due to reading this book and also enlightened as to exactly what was going on in her relationship that she didn't understand while she was involved in the turmoil of dealing with her man's bizarre behavior. I completely identified with her situation because I too was puzzled about my situation. I no longer rack my brain wondering what in the world happened! It is such a relief to finally have an answer to the puzzle.