Sony Ericsson P800 Review

• Reception

• Style

review123's review of Sony Ericsson P800

Sony Ericsson P800

“My new Sony Ericsson P800 has spent more time in...”

Written on: 06/04/2004 by review123 (1 review written)

Looks good

Everything

General Comments
My new Sony Ericsson P800 has spent more time in transit and the service centre than it has with me:

1st time the mobile phone completely shuts down and would not switch back on, its taken to walthamstow service centre and it comes back some 7 days later with yet another fault.

That being the camera had a particle of fibre trapped on the inside over the camera lens that probably happened when the engineer accessed the mobile parts. Thus resulting in blurred pictures. By now I was losing faith in this particular unit, reluctantly I had to part with it again. Under the understanding that the phone would not be sent away and would be rectified at the service centre. This was all done through my telephone call to customer services, after a lot of debate with unkind customer services to whom I stressed the importance of being without the phone due to nearing time to leave UK for the visit abroad. I was assured the service centre, would be able to remove the particle obstructing the camera lens at the centre. As they had telephoned Walthamstow service centre and made the arrangements as per our telephone conversation.

2nd visit to the Walthamstow service centre as per arrangement, I am told it has to be sent back to the repairs contrary to as per arrangement. Reluctantly I had to yet again part with the phone, not knowing when or will I be able to take it abroad as the date of travel on the 12th March was nearing.

I receive the phone back in the nick of time, so I thought. This time on our journey to the airport, I discovered the phone actually came back worse than before. This time the Mic was damaged, although I could hear people they could not.

Since then it's completely packed up and sitting here collecting dust!

• Battery Life