JVC GR-D50 Review

• Video Quality

• Sound Quality

• Battery Life

SpoonZ's review of JVC GR-D50

“Avoid this JVC GRD50 Digital Camcorder like the...”

Written on: 01/04/2004 by SpoonZ (1 review written)

Low Price.

Poor Build.

General Comments
Avoid this JVC GRD50 Digital Camcorder like the plague!!! As an Audio Visual Technician at a school I recently purchased 11 of these cameras for use by media and multimedia departments. 3 of the cameras were faulty straight from the box. They displayed a "Clean Heads" message. Surely the cameras were unused so dirty tapes were not a problem!!!! After only a weeks usage 2 more cameras were showing the same fault. Today just 4 weeks after buying the cameras a 6th one was bought to me by a teacher showing an error message that requires technical servicing!!! So there you go 50% of my cameras are now away for warranty repair. How long will they last? I know in a school the equipment usually takes some punishment by the kids, but equipment should work for more than a few weeks, and certainly you expect them to work straight from the box. I have read other reviews and reliability seems a major problem with this range of camcorders... Don't make the same costly mistake I have.

• 1 - 6 Months

Time Camcorder Owned

• Video Quality

• Sound Quality

• Battery Life

Juancarrera's Response to SpoonZ's Review

Written on: 06/05/2004

Please contact me concerning a class-action lawsuit against JVC. No cost. No obligation. I'm a consumer like you, trying to get my money back and that of hundreds (and possibly more) others in the same situation with JVC.

Juancarrera's Response to SpoonZ's Review

Written on: 24/09/2004

To join the JVC class-action lawsuit, write to Juan Carrera at juancarrera@yahoo.com and include your name, address and phone (if possible), model number and description of your problems. No cost, no obligation.

Jimmybuck's Response to SpoonZ's Review

Written on: 15/09/2004

My jvc gr-d20e which I have had for less than a year has now decided not to recharge it's battery which I have replaced and still it will not charge. I have hardly used it(one cassette worth of usage)and it has just ran out of warranty. Not the quality you expect from such a top brand.If I had known there was a dodgy record to there camcorder product line then I would have never have bought one.which makes me feel even worse. It is going to cost me a third of what i paid for it mininmum to get it repaired. People should be made more aware of this!!!!!