Dansai 952 (Tesco) Review

Colin.'s review of Dansai 952 (Tesco)

Dansai 952 (Tesco)

“I have tried playing VCD's that I have produced using...”

Written on: 03/09/2002 by Colin. (1 review written)

Cheap, says it plays VCD's.

Only one scart. Remote needs a good aim.

General Comments
I have tried playing VCD's that I have produced using Nero 5.9. on my Dansai 952 DVD player - plays but corrupted pic and sound makes them not watchable. Same with SVCD's.

Mine says it plays VCD's but doesn't mention SVCD's.

I called Tesco helpline and just a call taker decided that I needed a chip or cd upgrade. She didn't seem sure what it was, but they are out of stock.

Has anyone else had this problem or aware of what the upgrade is.

Is it an upgrade for later models that didn't have VCD ?

If its a chip upgrade, if I open the box then I will probably invalidate the warranty so should be interesting what happens.

If anyone knows what the problem might be with the way I record the VCD etc thenplease e-mail me at colin.m@btinternet.com

Wondawoman.'s Response to 36135_Colin.'s Review

Written on: 10/09/2002

I've just bought a Dansai 952 DVD Player from Tesco and am not 100% decided on whether to keep it. I really need/want it to be able to play VCD's but so far can't get them to work. I've trawled through various postings and it is apparent that the newer versions of this player can't play them :0( I would love some advice as to whether it's worth hanging on to as it's likely that something will be available soonish in the future to enable me to play them...or just cut my losses and take it back, get a refund and go get another. All comments/advice greatly appreciated. Many thanx

Dean622's Response to 36135_Colin.'s Review

Written on: 30/01/2004

you need to get a Pacific 1002w from asda only £37
<br>and it will play anything you throw at it and it looks good aswell

Magician.'s Response to 36135_Colin.'s Review

Written on: 10/06/2003

Any ideas as to what is the URL for this site to get the upgrade to allow the 952 to play VCD and SVCD?

92601_Baz.'s Response to 36135_Colin.'s Review

Written on: 27/04/2003

i myself have purchased the dansai 952 from tesco's and when installed was dissapointed that it would not play vcd nor svcd. I went on the web and downloaded some firmware to resolve the problem. plays both formats no problem. basically you download the file burn it on disk and follow the attached instructions and thats all.

82413_Jimbo.'s Response to 36135_Colin.'s Review

Written on: 23/03/2003

i have just purchased a dansai dvd player with instructions to make it multi region.If these instructions are of any use,iwill gladly forward them on.