Labtec Pulse 475 Review

• Sound Quality

• Ease of Set Up

Wunderbug's review of Labtec Pulse 475

Labtec Pulse 475

“The Labtec Pulse 475 speaker set consists of two...”

Written on: 22/03/2004 by Wunderbug (5 reviews written)

Great Bass response, small satellite speaker size, cool looks and rich sound.

No 'on' light - nice just to know! Need to be sensibly placed to avoid unwanted things in the bass port! (Especially if you have children)

General Comments
The Labtec Pulse 475 speaker set consists of two satellite speakers about 21cm high by 12cm wide. These sit on stands and are thin. Each one is cloth covered and grey/black. The Sub woofer control unit (and amplifier) is a black box about 23cm deep x 18cm tall x 32cm wide with a silver port.

Controls on the ported subwoofer are on/off switch, volume and tone controls. The unit can produce a peak power of 56 watts RMS (i.e. real watts not PMPO)- it is loud. The unit is only mains powered. There is no 'on' light

There is a generous lead length between speakers but I found the computer lead a bit short as I needed to put the bass unit on a shelf above the PC - I used an extension lead. A really good stereo image was found with the speakers place about one metre apart on my desk.

I have used this with a Creative PCi64 sound card and they have performed well with my TV card, Any music sounds great and there is plenty of impressive bass available. I adjusted the mix using the Realtek mixer on my PC and the speakers responded really well at either end of the audio spectrum using the equaliser. I have to back the bass off a bit to get the best 'enjoyable' sound but it is rich and distortion free.

The bass port has no guard and my only worry would be my son who might just pop a lolly or worse into the bass unit port hole. The mains are also in there somewhere so I would advocate placing the bass unit away from children.

I love these speakers with their rich sound and several of my friends have bought these since.

• Ease of Set Up