NEC ND-1100A Review

• Ease of Set Up

rburgess2003's review of NEC ND-1100A

NEC ND-1100A

“I got the Mirror NEC ND-1100A DVD Writer from...”

Written on: 14/03/2004 by rburgess2003 (14 reviews written)

fast at burning dvd+r ,also a cd-writer

none

General Comments
I got the Mirror NEC ND-1100A DVD Writer from ebuyer.com for £55 its a dvd+ writer 4x max and 16 speed cd -writer but when you burn a full 700mb its faster then 16x for some reason thats good in my books its my first time getting a dvd writer for the pc but i am very happy with it

Skmhuk's Response to rburgess2003's Review

Written on: 15/09/2004

This is in complete contrast to the previous review!! Mine wouldn't recognise the DVD's I bought - which ones does it recognise??? I would review it but I can't get it to work :-)))

Written on: 28/07/2009

on xp and up you do not need drivers for it, i cant help you this happened like 4-5 years ago, just get a new DVD writer for $5 - $10, they brand new in the store like $25 its not worth to play around with it anymore

Nancyrm's Response to rburgess2003's Review

Written on: 28/07/2009

Can you give us a step by step so we can try? I am at my wits end. I can't even find the original driver for mine and HP is no help at all. I had to buy a new OS and do away with HP's recovery disks so I can't access the drivers from that anymore.

Written on: 19/02/2005

It means with a little program you delete the original software and copy a new one on to the dvd-drive, this means of course you void any warranty and if something goes wrong you can destroy your derive. In my case I had nothing to lose,I could throw the thing out or fix it myself, it worked for me the 5th time I tryed and I'm an "expert".

Barzey's Response to rburgess2003's Review

Written on: 17/02/2005

I would also like to know the same as dozyblonde please.

Dozyblonde's Response to rburgess2003's Review

Written on: 09/02/2005

hi, what does flash firmware mean and how do i get my nec nd-1100a to recognise + and - r instead of just +r's? Would be grateful for any help thankyou.

Rburgess2003's Response to rburgess2003's Review

Written on: 05/01/2005

Also I just flash the nec 1100a firmware to a nec 1300a v 1.0a so now its a -/+ format drive - cool or what.

Written on: 04/01/2005

Actually the next day I wrote that I gave it one more shot, I over wrote sucesfully the firmware with an unofficial version downloaded from the internet, it works great now, it recognises as a 1300 not a 1100 but same deal.

Rburgess2003's Response to rburgess2003's Review

Written on: 02/01/2005

Mine is still working great eventhough I use it everyday.

Written on: 28/12/2004

Thats not true, mine recognised any dvd's fine a few months later it wont recognise any dvdr's, searching on "ND-1100A recognise" you find large amount of people having same problem but no solution, they have a very short life time and no warrantty usualy, mine worked fine for 3 months and had only 30 days waranty
<br>in my opinion it worked great for 2 month

Spoon's Response to rburgess2003's Review

Written on: 09/12/2004

Yes its very fussy on dvd won't read some dvd-r. It is hard to rip to hard drive unless its on a +r I'm getting another one when the cost come down again.
<br>Go for a Liteon or Panasonic unit.