Dualit Coffee Review

• Style

• Service & Support

tcsr205's review of Dualit Coffee

Dualit Coffee

“I like Dualit equipment. Good and sturdy and well...”

Written on: 05/03/2004 by tcsr205 (21 reviews written)

Looks good and holds plenty of beans.

Broke and had to be replaced after five weeks. Awkward switch on the side makes it difficult to see what you are doing (would be better on the front).

General Comments
I like Dualit equipment. Good and sturdy and well made? I thought I'd bought a quality piece of equipment when I bought this Dualit coffee grinder. For the first four weeks it was great. However, after that it started to have trouble grinding beans. The wheels whirred away but no coffee came out! The only way I could make it grind was to shake it from side to side as it ground!

There is a safety device built into the grinder which causes the grinding wheels to stop grinding if a stone gets in there via the beans. I think that this was too sensitive and the problem was caused by the safety device treating coffee beans as stones. Anyway, I took it back and got a replacement today, which I'm hoping will last a lot longer. If this one doesn't break, I'd be happy with the grinder because it is a solid piece of equipment that is fully and easily adjustable, catches all the grinds nicely and looks great.

• 1 - 6 months

Owned Product For:

• Style

• Service & Support

Tcsr205's Response to tcsr205's Review

Written on: 05/01/2006

Now had my replacement for nearly two years. I've used it almost every day and it's still going strong.