Pentax EI 2000 Review

• Image Quality

Raaid.'s review of Pentax EI 2000

Pentax EI 2000

“This camera is fantastic value!! Also sold by Hewlett...”

Written on: 16/08/2002 by Raaid. (1 review written)

SLR type features and feel. Software provided. Tremendous value for money.

None at the current prices.

General Comments
This camera is fantastic value!! Also sold by Hewlett Packard as a Photosmart HP912, the only difference is the name on the front of the camera body. The lens is a Pentax, so the quality is there, whilst the electonics is courtesy of HP - with software links to their Photosmart printers.

This is my third digital camera and by far my best. I'm old fashioned perhaps, liking the feel of an SLR and the many features of a 35mm camera. This camera gives me that and more. I'm really impressed by the overall engineering excellence, especially the LCD screen information, the menu control, the zoom lens, the viewfinder display and the size/weight of the camera in my hands.

OK, so it has been out since 2000, is no longer manufactured - and you can get better images on the latest digitals. I bought mine a couple of months ago from Staples store for £224 - so I'm happy !! Look around !!

15 of these were auctioned by DABS on 6 Aug 2002. They sold for £311 each, so bargains are still to be had.

• Image Quality