Orange SPV Review

• Style

stephen delaney's review of Orange SPV

☆☆☆☆☆
Orange SPV

“This Orange SPV mobile phone is the worst phone on the...”

Written on: 22/02/2004 by stephen delaney (1 review written)

I have had the SPV E100 for 7 months the only good thing I can say is its pretty, pretty useless.

The SPV E100 is one of the worst phones ever concieved it falls down on every one of it promised features, I will give you some eamples You can not transfer a contact from the phones memory to the sim card on the phone you have to download the info onto oranges server and then reload it from there to the sim (your information is going to a third party). The battery life is pathetic you are lucky to get a day out of it, the duration of the incoming call alert is so short that you will have many missed calls, which you will pay to return.The activesync is useless as it will only interface with XP, other older operating systems are not supported eg windows 98. When you activate the key pad every light lights up except the make a call button, very usefull in the dark. The staff at orange know little or nothing about the product which is supposed to be their flag ship product range. Who makes this product, I have heared its made by a company called HTC and even Sagum its that good no one will put a makers name to it, need I say more other than steer well clear, I have been with Orange for 12years I wont be with you after the end of my contract.

General Comments
This Orange SPV mobile phone is the worst phone on the market, I have been a mobile phone owner/user since 1987 from the big transmobiles to the present day following the advances in technology and advances size reduction until this phone. The technological advancements in quality of reception, clarity of voice, battery life and features.

Recption is very poor even against the small Samsung phones, battery life is prehistoric,The features dont work and when you buy the phone it has lots of feature but within 30days they are almost all trial versions and vanish until you spend more money to the ever averous Microsoft/Orange for the feature, The phone was supposed to be reliable I have just recieved my third SPV E100 in six months the product is not of merchantable quality and the support from Orange is a mixture of incompitant advise and rude superiority from its staff, If you put your stall out as a phone/communications company then you should understand the product and the services you proport to provide I have been with orange for 12years yes 12years I will not be with after the last part of my current contract is up. I feel like cancelling now and see orange in court for breach of contract because I have not recieved from Orange niether the product or the service orange should have provided, Oh sorry for the mistake I mentioned service and Orange in the same sentance

• Over 6 Months

Time Phone Owned

• Style

Kgemes's Response to stephen delaney's Review

Written on: 11/04/2004

This review is basically correct. The SPV is an unmitigated disaster, compounded by the fact that Orange technicians themselves have little idea about how to use its features. The short-life battery problem can be solved by asking Orange for a new battery. My first battery lost its charge in half a day. My current battery lasts for 2-3 days.

Loonylewis2004's Response to stephen delaney's Review

Written on: 06/06/2004

I completely disagree with this phone Yes the batterey life is poor but it will last you a day or two. It plays mp3s mindows media and video, it has internet explorer, send and recieve email and a camera. What more would you want for a PHONE? If you are rich just get a £5000 computer. This is a mini computer, phone that fits into your pocket

/var/www/vhosts/phoenix/current/system/lib