Olympus C-2 Review

• Image Quality

• Battery Life

alex.'s review of Olympus C-2

Olympus C-2

“I am an enthusiastic and quite knowledgeable...”

Written on: 09/08/2002 by alex. (1 review written)

Excellent introduction to the world of photography, digital or otherwise.

Weird flash functions, sluggish shutter response. Difficult to get good definition high contrast shots. Devours non-rechargeable batteries.

General Comments
I am an enthusiastic and quite knowledgeable photographer used to using SLRs but bought the C2 as a way to improve my overall technique. Very recently, friends asked me to shoot their wedding and I took the Olympus along 'just in case'. Unfortunately I jabbed my thumb through the shutter of my SLR when changing film and, petrified, had to shoot all the formal photos with the C2! Whilst the results aren't quite up to the expectations of a good SLR the shots were absolutely superb! Excellent focus, good colour, crisp motion pictures, the overall quality was faultless. I cannot recommend this camera highly enough. Partner it with cheap memory cards from Internetcamerasdirect.co.uk and rechargeable batteries from Eurobatteries.com and you're onto a winner!

• Image Quality