Siemens SL45 Review

• Reception

• Style

Eoin.'s review of Siemens SL45

Siemens SL45

“I am now on my third SL45, As the first two kept...”

Written on: 08/08/2002 by Eoin. (1 review written)

Packed with the latest functions and gadgets.

Slow, Unreliable, Fragile, Likes to switch itself off.

General Comments
I am now on my third SL45, As the first two kept giving me "Card Error" messages which causes the phone to Crash, like a PC. Not only that, but the phone (if you can call it that) is inclined to switch itself off 2-3 times a day, on a full battery. Now this one is starting to do the same. 8 months, three phones, heading for a fourth. The problem is the Multi Media Card, supposedly an innovation in mobile media, more like a nightmare. This little card causes so much trouble it stops the phone from functioning as a phone. The developers at siemens need to learn how to walk first before they run. If it can't do it's primary function, and operate as a phone, what use is it to anyone?

My company gave out 45 of these phones to the staff in my office, and over 25 have been returned, the rest are still working, only just. Did I mention they are only 8 months old?

Back to the drawing board I think, or ask the guys in Nokia to help you out!

• Reception

• Style

Tib.'s Response to 32359_Eoin.'s Review

Written on: 12/12/2002

Hi there, I believe this review is highly unhelpful.
The reviewer makes no actual attempt at reviewing the phone, but only shares some bad experiences that are not in any way representative of the quality of this telephone.
I can speak from personal experience, I have had the Siemens SL45 ever since it came out almost 2 years ago. I have not had ANY problems with it whatsoever. I am extremely pleased. A couple of my friends also have this phone and have had little or no trouble with it in almost 2 years. So my dear friend, it looks like your company got a bad batch!
If you are indeed looking into Nokia telephone then you will be in more trouble than you think!!
Take my word for it, my fiancee works for them!

Fatmiao's Response to 32359_Eoin.'s Review

Written on: 24/11/2003

Well, from what I see in my old 3518. The sim slot is hold up with the back cover with the center piece. So, should you drop it once too often.... it gets loossy. Mine only gets the pop up "Card Error" only 1 day after the warranty gone, and it was sitting quietly on the table. Geez, what happend?

59090_Agree.'s Response to 32359_Eoin.'s Review

Written on: 19/12/2002

I experienced the same thing! My phone was only 6 months old before it started displaying 'card error' althought my boyfriends siemens sl45 was only six months before it was faulty. He has had two replaces, I have had one. The case also cracks too easily! I have dropped it twice only, while my old Ericsson mobile (5 yrs old still going strong!) has been dropped numerous times without cracking the case or damaging the mobile...
I don't think it's a bad batch, I think the quality of design and materials have gone downhill for Siemens. Too many people have bad siemens sl 45.