O2 XDA Review

• Reception

• Style

Slatemen.'s review of O2 XDA

O2 XDA

“I have been waiting for the O2 XDA integrated phone...”

Written on: 31/07/2002 by Slatemen. (1 review written)

Cool Looking,
Multi-functional,
colour screen..powerful guts.

No bluetooth,
big...for a phone,
expensive,
no games.

General Comments
I have been waiting for the O2 XDA integrated phone and PDA for some time now and I finally got my hands on one. I must admit, it is pretty impressive and I even decided I like Microsoft's Pocket PC OS after all. The screen had much better resolution than I expected as well. I tested all of the business functions, Word, Excel, MS reader, etc... They were just fine, and I will probably use them, but frankly I have other more pressing interests: Games and music.

Well, forget about the games, there is nothing but solitaire, which means I'll have to download some, (and with no bluetooth, I'll have to pay O2 to do it). As for downloading music, it was easy enough and the speakers on XDA were actually quite impressive.

Downloading speeds on O2's GPRS network was sufficient, and the browser in the XDA worked well. As for processing speed and memory, well on paper they are impressive, and I didn't have any trouble doing anything. Still, I am not sure it was worth the EUR629 O2 is selling them for (of course I didn't pay that much).All-in-all though this may be the best pda/phone combo on the market.

• Battery Life