Nakamichi RE-10 Review

• Sound Quality

AJ.'s review of Nakamichi RE-10

Nakamichi RE-10

“I purchased this Nakamichi RE-10 receiver on July 26,...”

Written on: 26/07/2002 by AJ. (1 review written)

I paid a whopping $189.00 for this receiver. It pulls in FM stations in stereo with a wire better than my Pioneer SX-1250 with a Terk, amplified antenna. The FM specs do not mean anything, because this receiver has the best FM section I have ever owned. The amplifier is outstanding, with a warm, high-current tone. The build quality is superior, high end caliber. I like the idea of the fan because components can be stacked on top of the receiver. People who complain about the fan noise are too fussy, in my opinion. The noise from the fan is less than the hum emanating from my Harman Kardon power amplifier. This receiver is truly a high end component at a bargain price. Pick one up now while they are being liquidated at ridiculously low prices, brand new, in sealed cartons.

Could use a second tape monitor with two way dubbing, but the VCR in/out serves as a second tape monitor so it still works for me.

General Comments
I purchased this Nakamichi RE-10 receiver on July 26, 2002 as a second receiver in a bedroom system to be dedicated to recording FM on a Pioneer RT-909 reel-to-reel. I dub the reels onto minidisc, crop everything, and digitally copy to CD. There is one college/ high school station in Broward County (as opposed to about fifteen in New Haven, my old home town) and it is very weak. I specifically purchased a Pioneer SX-1250 and a Carver TX-2 tuner for another system so I could pick up this station. The Nakamichi R-10 picks up this station with a WIRE antenna, in stereo, with very little noise. The two other systems are using a Terk amplified antenna and sound comparable.

Other areas of this receiver that I consider outstanding are the amplifier, the remote sensitivity, the build quality, and its looks. Even the power cord is high quality. I consider this receiver a high end component, worthy of a $400.00 price tag.

Mark A. Caruso.'s Response to 30753_AJ.'s Review

Written on: 05/09/2002

To Whom It May Concern,
<br>This is in reply to your review of the Nakamichi RE 10 Receiver. Please tell me if a phonograph or turntable can be connected to this receiver, and where can I purchase this receiver online? Would I be able to purchase this unit also for the price that AJ did in Florida?
<br>Thank you,
<br>Mark A. Caruso

Robbo44's Response to 30753_AJ.'s Review

Written on: 21/12/2006

I have a Nakamichi RE-10 receiver, and I love it!! Does anyone know how to control the subwoofer volume on this thing though?