Air Arms 410E Review

• Accuracy

• Handling

Sgt.York.'s review of Air Arms 410E

“The 410e air gun from Air Arms is the best $$ value in...”

Written on: 05/07/2002 by Sgt.York. (1 review written)

Powermod without having to remove stock, built in quiet shroud, great stock, great adj. trigger, 10 rd cased mag, large air res., light weight, low price $625 with powermod, very fast bolt cocking action allows rapid fire without losing sight picture.

Refill adapter is a bit large and clunky, needs safety, needs mechanism to prevent shooting empty magazine, stock could use thicker finish, no .20 offering.

General Comments
The 410e air gun from Air Arms is the best $$ value in the PCP category thus far. This rifle had all the features I wanted -

Great stock with high cheekpiece,

Large capacity - 10 shot mags, flawless performance,

Large air capacity - 314cc,

Lightweight - 7.5 lbs,

Great adjustable trigger,

Built in shroud - don't have to buy an additional mod,

Power adjustment - all I need is a 1/16" allen in the field,

Accuracy on par with all PCP except Theoben Rapid's,

All for $625.....

• Accuracy

• Handling

29991_Dnadoc.'s Response to 29936_Sgt.York.'s Review

Written on: 07/07/2002

Sgt. York, Where in the US did you get your gun with adjustable power and that price. Everywhere I've seen on the internet is about $609 without adjustable power. I heard there is a small place near LA that sells and services AA guns cheapest in the US. AA also told me they are the only dealer that modifies your gun for adjustable power. How many shots are you getting in .22 or .177 at full power. Do you know the name, number, email or web site of this shop - I heard they don't advertise and only do phone orders.

77206_Daytrader.'s Response to 29936_Sgt.York.'s Review

Written on: 04/03/2003

Has anyone had a close call with this gun due to its lack of a safety? Just wondering here.

67361_Krishna.'s Response to 29936_Sgt.York.'s Review

Written on: 23/01/2003

I'm really liking this .22 cal 410E high power rifle. I have been shooting tree rats (squirrels) out to 40-50 yards now. When I first started I had never shot guns very much and was a very shaky shot. Now I am shooting those rats in the head without a suppport at long distances with high confidence. Shooting is a great way to relax and enjoy the weekends and pumping the gun is great excercise as well as very much fun. I really like the 10 pellet clip, the high power and the way the stock fits my shooting hold. I also bought a .22 rimfire but would rather shoot this airgun cause its quiet and I think safer.

55859_Rl Blake.'s Response to 29936_Sgt.York.'s Review

Written on: 04/12/2002

Seems strange to see all these US posters here on a UK site mostly buying their guns from one US dealer posting here. But I've got to confess I'm a Pomona customer too - Bought many guns from other vendors but the last 4 have been with Steve. Just discovered his tunes/spring kit installs are a bargain and they seem to be very comparable to other famous tuners for much less plus you save on shipping. I've had a 410E for over a year and its still my favorite. Seems like the power mod is catching on and I'm glad its getting good press. I really like mine. Since everything about the 410E has pretty much been said in earlier posts I'll just add my name to the list of satisfied customers with Pomona and the AA410E. Happy shooting.

53385_Santini.'s Response to 29936_Sgt.York.'s Review

Written on: 25/11/2002

Wow, I was expecting blokes talking about shooting FAC 410E's here but surprise! Not a single UK posting! More useful information on the 410E here than anywhere else on the net I've seen.

52091_Ray.'s Response to 29936_Sgt.York.'s Review

Written on: 20/11/2002

I wasn't sure what I'd see here on this review board - last year I saw this same very gun on this board and it had maybe one review. Looks like this gun has picked up alot of steam recently and has become very popular. I'm waiting for one to pass customs right now and be fitted with the power adjustment and then be shipped to my doorstep. You can't go wrong with so many passionate posters here about the gun and the vendor! I'll post again when the gun arrives!
Ray

48949_Gaston.'s Response to 29936_Sgt.York.'s Review

Written on: 07/11/2002

First, I'm glad I found this site cause I searched the interenet to find user feedback on the 410E's and boy did I hit the mother load here!! I knew I wanted a 410E back in January of 02 but I was afraid of spending the extra money for the adjustable power option that one vendor was offering. This post is for other guys like me in this damn quandry!!! I've had my 410E since Jul-Aug and won't be putting this gun down for a long time!! I love this gun!!! I was even thinking of selling all my tricked out rimfires for more of these airguns. I wanted to comment on the power adjustment feature that I almost got talked out of but after going through all the forum posts, dealer phone calls (I called all the ones that I could find that carried AA) opinions on the power mod and the 410E I couldn't find one unhappy owner while most of the critics of the adjustable power had never owned one or used it or frankly were steering me away from the dealer who was doing the mod cause they were alot cheaper. From the data I found posted and the large number of elated owners I thought I'd take a chance and buy the damn thing. Even after one internet dealer up north told me the mod would break my gun and void the warranty!!! That's pretty scary!!! But after I saw the workmanship and the simplicity and the effectiveness I thought I'd better post to help the next guy out with this quandry. I found out who the US dist was in Scotsdale, AZ and called him and found out they had adjustable power installed on his personal gun. That's good enough for me. Thanks to all who posted and helped me find the truth!!

40397_Leadzeppelin.'s Response to 29936_Sgt.York.'s Review

Written on: 29/09/2002

410E fans! I just noticed that Pyramid Air has just lowered their prices on 410E's to $565 and Airguns of Arizona has dropped .22 410E's to $549! Pomona Air will match prices so I think we have a price war! But neither of the first two do the power mod! Darn!

39853_Krishna.'s Response to 29936_Sgt.York.'s Review

Written on: 25/09/2002

I am glad I read this website because I think it helped me narrow down the range of my purchase. I read every report on every rifle listed and then chose the one that fit my needs the best. And luckily it was one of the cheapest too. Thank you all for posting your thoughts and helping me on my first airgun purchase. This is like consumer reports online for airguns and also with the cheapest dealer's web page and telephone number. I would never have found them on my own!

39470_Rudy177.'s Response to 29936_Sgt.York.'s Review

Written on: 24/09/2002

Took the advice of Sgt. York and bought a 410E and a spare magazine. Now that I have one in .177 I would like to buy another one in .22. Its everything that I read about and more. I like the way all the important things about these guns are listed and discussed. Thanks for the efforts guys. I wish they listed chronograph reviews too cause I need one to measure bullet speed with the adjustable power. Glad I got the power mod too.

38330_Samson44.'s Response to 29936_Sgt.York.'s Review

Written on: 18/09/2002

I bought the gun and power mod from Pomona early this spring. At first I thought the power mod was a waste of my hard earned money after I received the gun and then read alot of bad press about it and emailed a few FT guys who told me not to do it (I had already done it) making me feel even worse but then I bought some different pellets and with Crosman Premier Lights getting twice as many shots as with Crosman Premier Heavies and now I know why this power mod is so great and simple. I don't have a chrony but I took the numbers and power adjustment settings from a guy who posted on the yellow board this summer who had the same mod on his gun and I'm getting about the same amount of shots as he did. I shot this gun all summer long and I really like this alot better than my friends Daystate Harrier PH6. When we bench the rifles together we are shooting about the same size group. I think the 410E is a wonderful buy for its price.

37784_Kelly.'s Response to 29936_Sgt.York.'s Review

Written on: 14/09/2002

To those who posted earlier!! Thanks for saving me some real money!! I was about to make a call to a local in state dealer with a great website when I stumbled on this site and did some calling to Pomona and found that it was cheaper to buy it from California (of all places) than from a dealer in my own state by $75 - that's more than 10 tins of pellets!! Love the gun and now I'm shopping for the next thing to buy... A graphite air tank!!

37641_Ziggy.'s Response to 29936_Sgt.York.'s Review

Written on: 13/09/2002

Great information - made a few phone calls to confirmed all the research including the cheapest prices and source was listed right here. Thanks guys for posting this great info. Own several other PCP's and this is my first AA gun. Already my favorite and will probably stay that way for a while.
<br>
<br>Ziggy

35434_Subsonic The Hedgehog.'s Response to 29936_Sgt.York.'s Review

Written on: 30/08/2002

This June bought a 410E after doing tons of research about it in .177. I already have a FX Tarantula in .22 and absolutely love it but its loud and scares the birds away. They are both great guns and I wouldn't part with either and they both have their strong points that I love about them. The FX quality is outstanding and the 410E is quiet, very accurate and I'm glad I read about the power mod option from Sgt. York above and on other boards. I talked with one of the big internet dealers who tried to talk me out of getting the power mod and warned me the guns would be ruined by this mod - but after getting and using it with light pellets and heavy pellets I can custom adjust my gun to shoot pellets at around 900 fps. I can also turn the gun down to 500 fps and shoot in the house while my wife sleeps. It was a tough decision with all the negative comments but I found all their warnings to be unfounded and false. The great thing is I obtained the power mod for the same price as the basic 410E from other dealers. The dealer (Pomona Air Guns) was hard to get a hold of by phone and had no email but worth the effort in the long run. I was leary of cheap service from the cheap price but found they had better advice, faster service than the big internet outfit that I bought the FX from. From my research they are the only ones who do this mod and the only dealer selling 410E's for $565 US.

31269_Caltech.'s Response to 29936_Sgt.York.'s Review

Written on: 31/07/2002

I also bought a 410E for $565 from Pomona since I live in Cal. Great quiet gun for the money and Steve undercut everywhere I looked on the internet by at least $50. I've shot the gun for 1 year now and its been trouble free.

30610_Sgt. York.'s Response to 29936_Sgt.York.'s Review

Written on: 23/07/2002

DNAdoc - I bought this from Pomona Air in Ca http://www.pomona-airguns.com/ and they match any price on any airgun!! Service is the same as the big dealers with fancy websites since they are all phone/internet dealers. I've bought from them all and they are all good - this one is just much cheaper!!!
<br>