Nokia 6310 Review

• Reception

• Style

Alan.'s review of Nokia 6310

Nokia 6310

“I bought a SIM free Nokia 6310i mobile phone 2 weeks...”

Written on: 03/07/2002 by Alan. (1 review written)

Just the right size for me, loads of useful features, tri-band (6310i).

Where do I start?! Haven't found one that works yet.

General Comments
I bought a SIM free Nokia 6310i mobile phone 2 weeks ago, and today I took the FOURTH replacement handset back and got a refund. The faults?

Handset No.1 - Wouldn't connect to WAP.

Handset No.2 - Screen kept freezing, kept powering off during calls, kept telling me that my texts hadn't been sent when in actual fact they had.

Handset No.3 - Whenever I received one text it would tell me that I had received three! The extra two being texts that I had previously deleted but the 6310i kept bringing back from the dead.

Handset No.4 - same as above.

And before anyone says that it was probably a faulty SIM card or the network cocking up, the problem occured with O2, Orange and Vodafone SIMs.

Full respect and praise is due to Carphone Warehouse as they never made it 'difficult' for me on the numerous visits I made back to their shop. I did have to demonstrate the texting fault as they had never heard of it happening before. Any other 6310 owners had the same text fault?

The 6310i would be my ideal phone if i could find one that works, however I can't keep taking time off to return faulty handsets so I'll have to make do with my 6510 (a cracking phone, if a little too small and no tri-band).

• Reception