Written on: 20/04/2011
In October 2010 my female SBT became seriously ill after eating the Prawn/Salmon variety. She suffered such severe stomach pains she had convulsions & shook with agony. The vomiting and projectile diarrhea were severe. My vet was shocked at how quickly she had deteriorate since he saw her two days before for a routine check up. I contacted Naturediet who confessed they have a problem with the seals on their packaging. They assured me they had now changed their production and that the problem wouldn't reoccur. Well, IT DID. March 2011 I gave my other dog a box of the Prawn/Salmon variety and EXACTLY THE SAME THING HAPPENED. He also had to be rushed to the vets. I will not be risking buying this variety again. As for the other flavours, buyer beware! I do still feed the other flavours, but I'm running a risk doing it. I open every pack with caution & sniff carefully - I offer it to the dogs to lick & if they back away, I chuck it. I'd say about 1 in 5 packs is spoilt and on the verge of going rancid. I have had 3 boxes explode & leak rancid rotten meat all over my kitchen. I'm just glad I hadn't fed it to the dogs. The only saving grace is the food is great quality. Just a shame the packaging & cooking methods lets it down so badly.