Written on: 21/10/2010
I thought my story was going to be unique. It's not. I concur with everyone else here - iOffer is dodgey and can't be trusted. Both the organisation AND the sellers. Here's why:
1. Found good price on Naruto DVD Box set.
2. Purchased goods from DigitalizedSpot (seller) via PayPal
3. Received goods - FAKE. DVD's were clearly just copies. Box was made in the back of a noodle shop and the poor language on the menus, plus non-functioning menus... need I say more
4. Notified seller angrily that I wouldn't accept fake DVD's
5. Response - These are "legal asian version" (first dodgey act)
6. Raised dispute via PayPal (iOffer recommended) - seller responded to dispute (argued again legal nature of fake DVD's) but asked me to return DVD's for refund.
7. Returned DVD's
8. After week of no response and no refund contacted seller (at this point I noticed that you can only POST A COMMENT on the transaction, you can't ask them a general question via other means).
9. Seller has gone completely silent - NO REFUND.
10. Escalated dispute in Paypal - they shut me down as I hadn't bought it via eBay (my biggest mistake) - so no claim via them.
11. Told PayPal that this was a fraudulent activity - i.e. seller selling items via PayPal for illegal items - this got their interest. They forwarded my "claim" to the fraud department (this everyone should do).
12. I kept posting comments - no response. I told seller I would take action - no response.
So you can see how this was going. I'm in no doubt going to lose the $180 I paid for this box set of fake rubbsh.
iOFFER - They have a report transaction button - doesn't work!
iOFFER - You can mail customer server - no response
iOFFER - The Feedback on your seller (is TRANSFERRED from other sites like eBay!) This is actually written on the reputation tab of theirs. They may have made NO sales on this iOffer site at all - dodgey
iOFFER - They declaim all responsibility AND YET censored my public comment to the seller when I said his trading ability was at risk!
iOFFER - And this is the best one.. when i'd had enough, I put up negative feedback on the seller and said "Fraud.Pirate DVDs masked as "Legal Asian Release". Under investigation.DON'T BUY" - iOffer REMOVED IT.
So they clearly get involved. They clearly understand the ramifications of what I was saying and clearly - the don't like being put under the spotlight like this. This is a cheap Chinese chop-shop (which I didn't realise at all as it's not clear on anything). They run a shonky operation with very dubious sellers. The glamour of the site is false. You can't contact sellers, you can't contact them, you can't follow-up and you will lose your money.