Written on: 09/06/2005 by james1138
Amazing picture quality.
* Extremely life like presentation.
* Best picture I've seen on any TV.
* Great looking with the picture frame styling, just like a plasma TV ... but better!
* Dolby Digital sound is better than expected considering the inbuilt Amp and small speakers. Not great, but good.
* There is indeed a low humming noise, but luckily its rarely heard and not worth mentioning.
* Certain amount of setup involved to initially tune the picture.
* After 3 years of no problems, the TV has just developed the 'stuck in standby mode' problem.
* Minor problem with the the TV display 'scrolling text' such as credits scrolling left-to-right at the end of programs (probably due to the way the scanning works - but a minor gripe compared to the otherwise great picture).
Overall the Toshiba 32ZP18 is fantastic.
Looks great, picture is great, sound is good.
Up until now, very reliable, and would highly recommend it. Except just developed this stuck in standby mode fault and it's a pain.
I remember when I was buying the TV from Currys, the guy was indeed saying the advantages of the like of Sony and Panasonic was the TV's reliability over time. (I thought he was just referring to the tubes, obviously not). So, for 3 years I've been very happy with the decision to buy this TV. It cost £1,500 (July 2002). But now it doesn't even turn on, great! Even knowing this I still don't think I'd have gone for any other make or model. And even now with LCD and Plasma in the market, I've still not seen a better TV pound-for-pound.