Written on: 01/09/2013 by Mattm1 (1 review written)
Well here goes...
After a stressful few months me and my girlfriend decided to have a few days away in Blackpool. We wanted a partially economical place of accommodation but oh my god this place was ridiculous! First things first there was absolutely nowhere to park outside the guest house, and the traffic wardens we not too enthusiastic about letting us unload our baggage. We parked our car in a public carpark local which was £16 for 4 days.
On entry to the guest house we notices that there was a musty smell, the carpets were old tattered and worn and the place was generally dark. At the reception we faced the dopey looking teenager who had no prior knowledge of our pre-booking and made us pay cash despite us already inputting bank details online. This was the first concern of many to come.
The lift was broke and we carried heavy luggage up multiple stairs with no assistance and into the room where we would soon be astonished.
There were misplaced tiles in the ceiling... One containing the smoke alarm which was hanging down freely into the room and so clearly did not work.
The window was unable to fully close and there was approximately a 2" gap in window making the room very cold. There was also a substantial hole in the wall behind the television (where the free view box was perched on a chair to stop it being on the floor).
There was an air conditioner hung to the wall which literally was thick with dust like Santas beard at Christmas when he comes down your chimney.
There was limited assortment of mismatching towels which were rough to touch and provided no comfort at all.
There was absolutely no fire signs on the walls or any appearance of safety warnings.
The room had plenty of wardrobe hanging space. However the wardrobes should have been screwed to the walls except they were loose and manipulative posing a safety risk again.
When we finally braved to go in the shower we were soon confronted by the reception staff to inform us the shower was leaking into the lounge; which was rectified by no less than a mop bucket.
It was apparent that the cleaner/maid was entering our room whilst we were out, but it was not apparent what she actually cleaned in the room as she did not change an overflowing bin, replace the towel drying up the shower room floor or anything else. It did appear that some of our personal belongings had been moved around which we found extremely concerning!!
Overall there was a general sewagey like smell and was extremely noisy with the inability to close the window. In my opinion if you want somewhere safe but economical you haven't got a prayer in this guest house. With the state of the room we had no courage to try the included breakfast and we made ourselves regulars to Yates.
Me and my girlfriend checked out a day early after having enough and we weren't so much as asked an opinion. Moral of the story...stay the hell away...PLEASE!!!