Written on: 19/08/2013
We (are from outside India) had an overall good experience with star tours in the 18 day grand Europe package. Here's what we think...
- The tour manager Hoshang was a friendly and amicable guy who was flexible with requests and tries to ensure everybody's needs are taken care of.
- The coach, food and hotels are decent, which for us were the basic requirements
- We liked that audio tour was provided in Vatican but the hired guide kept walking and did not give us enough time to look around
- The day was more dependent on what time the local restaurant was serving the food and how many groups it is catering to. If there were too many groups, and our group was given an earlier time slot, the day would be cut short just to reach to the restaurant. But this is something I believe any person with any tour company will face this at some point. Apparently there are people who are completely dependent on Indian food.
- At some places like black forest Germany, Swiss etc there will be too many tour groups and hence congestion, it is very annoying with the crowd.
- It would be nice to have at least one local dish from the place we are eating at.
- We opted to join the tour at the Star Tours office in Wembley (London), our reporting time was 5:45AM. We were there by 5:30AM thinking their office will be open and there will be a waiting area where others like us will join. But no, the office was shut down, it was dark and raining...no shelter to wait except the office shutter area where everyone started to come in with their heavy luggages and to our frustration, the bus did not arrive until 6:30AM. This should change. If Star tours is expecting people at 5:45AM, then at least one person from the office should be present at that time with the office open and a place to wait.
Inspite of the some setbacks I should say the overall experience was good and several factors account for that.
One suggestion I would give to anybody planning to take any guided tour is to pick non-peak summer months when everybody in the world will descend on Europe.