Written on: 02/08/2013 by salmansidd (1 review written)
Once In A Lifetime Experience
Variety Of Activities
Good fresh hot indian meals.
Food has less variety
Comments about European delight with disney (12 Days)10/06/13- 21/06/13:
Star tours allowed my family and I to have an amazing holiday . Everything they promise, they deliver, you are guaranteed twin accommodation with your own bathroom, which we received all 11 nights. I truly believe that star tours is just as good ,than the more expensive coach tour companies. Special mention about ou tour manager, Mr Uday, very jovial person, well read , had thorough knowledge about almost everything, very helpful. Our coach driver Mr Shaun also very helpful, took care of our luggage when we were on board.
- Our tour started and ended in London, so we arrived a few days early to explore London. I would recommend doing this to everyone! Why miss out on that amazing city when you are already there. Also, I found it beneficial to do London before our tour, because we had more energy. By the end of the 12 days, we headed to scotland for 5 day tours again with star.
- Do some research ahead of time so you have an idea what you would like to do in your free time. Your tour guide will give you some ideas, but I liked being prepared ahead of time.
- Read your pre-departure information thoroughly.
- Don't forget to get plug adaptors for all of the countries you will be visiting.
- You will have the opportunity to do laundry if you don't want to try and pack for 12 days.
- Leave some extra room in your suitcase for souvenirs.
- All of the hotels either have free or paid Wi-Fi. We brought our tablet and used the Wi-Fi to communicate with people back home. It worked out well.
- All ages (12+) are welcome on the tour.We had a wonderful lot of fellow travellers, very friendly and cooperative.My son established a great rapport with them, infact he was most of the time with them rather with us. We had a great time interacting with all ages. However, no matter your age, be prepared to WALK a lot. Walking is the best way to see many of the sights, so just know that going in and try to enjoy the sights you see on foot.
- A few of the days included beautiful, scenic, mountain drives. They were lovely, but not so great for those with motion sickness.
- The Jungfraujoch excursion is worth the money. We have a hard time not mentioning that as one of our trip highlights. Bring pants and long-sleeves for this excursion, but they don't need to be super heavy. It is quite warm out in the snow.
-Side excursions were also well planned like visit to trumellbach fall, night tour of paris and rome.
-They had pantry van which moves with the tour, they have indian cooks, we got freshly cooked indian food all the way, but meals were slightly monotonous, but it was good at least you are getting indian food.
- I would recommend taking a tour in the summer simply due to the amount of daylight you get. Some longer drive days would cause you to arrive in the dark if you were on a winter tour, whereas in the summer, sunlight was there until 10-11PM.
- Accommodations were 3-4 stars as promised. Yes, some were nicer than others, but they were all perfectly acceptable, clean and safe.
- Be prepared to wake up early on drive days. However, it's not so bad because you can usually sleep on the coach to get a few extra hours. And yes, some drive days are longer than others, but they can break it up, make it fun, and they stop every 2-3 hours or so.
In summary, if you are considering doing a coach tour … BOOK WITH STAR TOURS!!
TRIP TYPE:Adventurous, Cultural, Educational, Thrilling, Unique, with like minded fellow travellers.
BOTTOM LINE Yes, I would recommend this to a friend, particularly to vegetarian indian families .