Written on: 09/06/2004 by Aki14
BIOS is easy to play around with, in fact too easy that some pros find it dang.
1. 3D games keep crashing back to desktop. (ASUS provided a BIOS update for this).
2. Would not actually install windows smoothly.
3. Too picky on RAM
4. Graphics would sometimes get crazy. (ASUS provided a BIOS update for this)
5. Many times the mouse is not detected after Windows boots up.
6. After less that 6 months the primary slot works crazy if it works at all; sometimes it detects only the HD and sometimes only the CD drive. at times none.
I returned my Asus A7V8X-X to the store, which I expect to have already returned the unit to ASUS for repair or replacement. The mobo is a big disappointment.
To see the point, a google search of the following will help (without the quotes): "a7v8x-x problem", "a7v8x-x crash back desktop"