Written on: 09/06/2004 by Aki14 (1 review written)
BIOS is easy to play around with, in fact too easy that some pros find it dang.
1. 3D games keep crashing back to desktop. (ASUS provided a BIOS update for this).
2. Would not actually install windows smoothly.
3. Too picky on RAM
4. Graphics would sometimes get crazy. (ASUS provided a BIOS update for this)
5. Many times the mouse is not detected after Windows boots up.
6. After less that 6 months the primary slot works crazy if it works at all; sometimes it detects only the HD and sometimes only the CD drive. at times none.
I returned my Asus A7V8X-X to the store, which I expect to have already returned the unit to ASUS for repair or replacement. The mobo is a big disappointment.
To see the point, a google search of the following will help (without the quotes): "a7v8x-x problem", "a7v8x-x crash back desktop"