Written on: 03/05/2013
A month ago, I ordered an item from Asos, asking for it to be delivered to a local store. There follows a long story of incompetence or worse. It's longer than this but includes:
* a text told me that the item was at the store. It wasn't.
* several emails later, I was told that the item would be at the store the next day. It wasn't.
* on 5 occasions, the system reported failed delivery attempts. I'm guessing that this was to my home address (because the store was open). I was at home on most, if not all of these occasions.
* a couple of phone calls later, I was told that the item would be at the store in 3 days, but would receive a confirmatory phone call,
* I didn't. Instead the tracking system claimed that the item was being returned to Asos. Asos said that I had to wait 10 working days for a refund.
* the tracking system then said that the item left the Glasgow depot one evening, arrived at the National Hub 5 hours later, then was back at the Glasgow depot 5 hours later.
* one further failed delivery attempt (again when the store was open and I was at home)
* the last tracking entry states "Returned to Asos"
And so I wait 10 working days before I ask for a refund. I am told that Yodel delivered the item on the day when the tracking system states the item was returned to Asos(now 8 days ago); the item must be with a neighbour or in a safe place, such as by the bins; am I sure that the address of the shop is correct?