Written on: 01/05/2013
Creare promised the World and fell considerably short. They built a pretty website, but that was as far as it went. They made the following promises that they could not fulfil:
1) They would not enter the products for us. They did not and this has taken me over 200 hours to enter 70% of them (nearly two years when slotted in between day-to-day work). By the time I had entered enough products to set the website live, they told me the website was "out of date" and needed to be completely re-designed (approx. cost £5k).
2) The website could be used to directly create purchase orders when stock levels fall below a specific level. This is not possible.
3) Stock could be updated en-mass after a delivery. This is not possible and has to be done individually, which is very time consuming.
4) Customers would be able to search for products based on manually entered criteria. This is not possible.
5) The site would be set up for Google Analytics. They have not as yet been able to get this working, meaning I am unable to monitor the website traffic.
On top off all these compromises, we had to pay for all alterations made to the draft website, before it was signed off as complete.
Unfortunately we had entered into a contract with Creare before they revealed that they could not deliver on their promises, by which point it was too late for us to back out.