Written on: 28/07/2012
I have been on and off with Three for some time. I had taken a contract from them in Sep-2011. I face the same issue as @crazyclaire. We are having reported problems with the 3 network since April 2012 at where we live. It started with few call drops and then went on to a stage where I do not see any network bars on my phone.
To add to my agnonies - never ever a call can be placed without having dialed a number about 25 odd times. And there is no guarantee that you will complete that call. I am on the ONE PLAN, where I almost finish my minutes or even exceed that (No wonder where my minutes go !).
They have all of their masks down in Eastern London (Even Stratford, which is the Olympics Hub). I had been behind them since last 2 months for getting the contract terminated on these grounds.
I can list down some of the weird ways they work with (which are a pain in the wrong place) -
1. They are never aware of any ETA when their network will be working again.
2. They keep on transferring you dept to dept (you are just on hold for any amount of time - I have been on hold for 50 long minutes) and at the end they have only 1 thing to say - PLEASE GIVE US A WEEKS TIME TO GET BACK TO YOU. (how crappier)
3. They never make any notes on your account (though they say they do). So the next person who talks to you will ask you to repeat the entire saga.
4. They say they will return a call and no one bothers to call you.
5. Any call to their customer services will not last anything less than an hour.
6. Come what may - they always try to blame it on your phone (Though I have told them that I tried their SIM in different unlocked phones and it doesn't work)
7. They only will give you a month's waiver to compensate your problems, though you may have been facing them since more than months.
8. After all this hypocricy - They still "Value" you as a customer and so do not want to "LOSE" you.
IGNORANCE, INDIFFERENCE AND WHAT NOT WILL YOU COME ACROSS WHEN YOU PLAN TO BE THEIR CUSTOMER.
Me and my husband both have 3 contracts. While for the issues that we both face - I somehow could free myself from their contract. But my husband was not spared and he still has to go on with them for another 6 months - ELSE PAY A FEE (As they say)
They do not have a UK Based call center and that's one primary reason why you are hooked on to calls for hours long and receive no solution at the end. I have spoken to call centers of O2, Orange, Vodafone and Talkmobile. All are excellent and prompt and really listen and solve your queries. (THEY ALL ARE UK BASED)
By any chance - IF you truly value your patience, peace of mind, money and time - PLEASE CONSIDER THIS REVIEW AND DO NOT GO WITH 3-MOBILE.
Rather get onto a CashBack deal from Quidco or TopCashback for any contract with Vodafone, O2 or Orange or even LYCA, who can give you the network you desire and also the cost will be lesser when you get their cashback.
Wasting time and money with THREE is just not a wise decision.
BEWARE OF THE FRAUDSTERS CALLED 3. THEY GIVE YOU CHEAP DEALS NO DOUBT, BUT AT THE COST OF NETWORK, CUSTOMER SERVICE AND YOUR PEACE. THINK, DO YOU REALLY WANT IT NOW?