Written on: 20/06/2012
Firstly, If you are considering using Yodel to deliver on behalf of your business, please do not. I have had numerous experiences with Yodel now, all bad, and unfortunately it does put me off using suppliers who use them.
On the other hand, if I were a ruthless business person, I would admire their business concept, at least for short term profit generation.
1) you charge cheap rates to encourage large volumes of customers.
2) you ensure poor delivery service, try to deliver at the times most unlikely to result in a drop.
3) you never try neighbours or other arrangements that ensure a delivery.
4) from the above you generate masses of customer calls, firstly to try and arrange delivery or collection from a depot (which won't be local)
5) from failure to deliver on the above point, you generate further calls with queries and complaints
6) you then direct all of these calls into an endless loop of repeated dull music, without ever answering
7) you charge for the calls and generate millions until everyone realises how bad your service is and you go bankrupt.