Written on: 12/04/2012 by ShadowPerv
I wont say much, as the previous reviewers have summed up United Kingdom Chatterbox (UKCB) fairly thoroughly. I'll briefly sum up what makes UKCB, in my humble opinion, worse than death, and quite possibly the closest thing to hell I'll ever experience.
• An archaic java-based chat system that frequently crashes my PC. They should consider adding the more modern and easier to use flash chat.
• A moderating team that's about as worthless as used toilet paper. Redpanda is especially terrible; I believe she may be mentally disabled. lucky_charm seems to be the rare diamond in the rough. Make her head admin.
• Terrible technical team. Both the website and chat server go down more often than George Michael in a Denny's restroom. They stay down for significant periods of time, too.
• Requiring new accounts to use their aforementioned clunky java chat for a minimum of 14 days, rather than enabling them to use the fore more sophisticated mIRC.
• Archaic website layout. In fact, the layout of the website makes the java chat seems cutting-edge by comparison. The website's design looks like something Mrs. Jane's 4th grade special ed. class created on Yahoo! Geocities back in 1997. Even the logo is bland. I have very limited graphic design skills, yet even I could do something better in a matter of minutes.
There's more, but this review is running long, so I'll stop there.
In short, UKCB isn't worth the time or effort. There are a few decent people there, especially Amir and Channi Bear, but the bad far outweighs the good. There are better options available. Stick to them.