Written on: 21/12/2011 by EstherKT (3 reviews written)
I bought it as I have a family and this washing machine has a big drum and the advantage to stop midcycle and add or take stuff out. Also it is supposed to be SSSHHHH and the way it looks is great. As ours is in the kitchen next to the livingroom I thought this would be great. HOWEVER:
* The soapdispenser front broke within weeks, but as it does not intervere with the looks and the functionality it was not replaced. I could replace it by buying a new one myself (??? why).
* After a year the balance went off and a mechanic came out to fix it - no change. After mechanic number 3 finally opened the whole machine we found out the balance brick was broken completely and needed replacing.
Half a year later a similar complaint, but this time the whole internal drum needed replacing.
* Since then I called out a mechanic about every 3-4 months, mainly for excessive noise problems and once for the machine being blocked. The noise has never reduced and it's definately not a SSSHHHH machine anymore.
* Blockage was according to the mechanic due to me not maintaining the machine properly as I was supposed to use salt crystals monthly and use a higher temperature cycle every week - I had to correct the man as I wash nappies at a higher temperature twice a week and have been using the salt monthly - so again this must be a machine fault!
* I also had the problem that the rubber seal wore and is not covering the hard plastic hence shredding the clothes - this has been replaced twice now, but still regularly comes off
All in all a stylish machine with good washing options and a big drum, but not quiet, needs regular call out as breaks down and shreds clothes if you don't check the machine regularly... all in all I would not buy it again as it has cost me double the money in extra insurances and repairs and a hell of a lot of annoyance...