Written on: 02/08/2011
Company is registered in the UK but based out in SE Asia. Not a problem really however they will give you pay on results, sounds great doesn't it? However as long as know what you're getting involved with it's fine.
1. I took on 2 keywords from them
Only 1 of these keywords got to the top 3, and it knocked off a page 1
keyword that generated a lot of business.
2. Searches are and/or google.com or google.co.uk (Pages from the UK), generally this would be the UK if you're site is in the UK, however
how many people select on the left hand side show only pages from the UK? Do you? So we had to pay based on results even though we weren't on page 1 on google.co.uk unless you select this hard to find option on the left hand side.
3. Our main keyword the one we were hoping hasn't reached top 10 and hasn't moved really moved for months, it went from 16 to 10 (1 day) and then back to 18-16. OK we're not paying for it, but we're paying for the 1st keyword that isn't benefiting us and worse than before with our traffic dropping 70%
4. We could have done a better job ourselves and without much effort to get to where we are now.
5. The link building they put around the internet isn't necessarily to do with my business. Someone could be talking about how to change a gear box and the posting will be similar to "I have problems with gearboxes too" with a link to my restaurant. As opposed to being on food related sites, yes it is simply link building but I was hoping a search on my domain wouldn't come up with some strange spam type websites.
SEO Vantage weren't good in my case and have lost me a lot of business as well as setting me back 1 year.