Written on: 06/01/2009
1. Somewhat simple for general internet use
2. No expensive phone line required
4. Ease of access, (laptop,PC, - at work,home,holidays)
5. Simple USB support
6. Simple Installation
1. Difficult to setup for other internet requiring machines (due to requirement of usb driver) ie. using on a PS3
2. Speeds can be painfully slow at times
3. Based as dialup broadband, which can interfere with certain programs, ie. antivirus programs with automatic updates need to be modified to run only when connection is active.
4. To advanced for most users to combine with wireless routers
To some degree 3mobile is using false advertising but if you read the fine print at the bottom of these statement; it explains..
3(three) states that mobile broadband speeds are a THEORETICAL speeds of 3.6Mb BUT actual speeds vary in the range of 600k-1.6Mb approx. and depends of multiple factors, ie. network traffic, computer performance etc etc.
*If you look at alot of ISP plans etc, the often advertise Theoretical internet speeds as a luring point because the actual speeds are much slower,
-Overall if your just after a simple internet connection for a PC/laptop its definitely value for money. Works great for the average user!
However if you plan on using your internet for more then usual everyday browsing, cabled broadband is probably the better option.