Verdict for Olympus MJU Mini
Olympus Mju Mini S
The Bigger Picture
- You will certainly stand out from the crowd with one of these tiny striking cameras.
- The Olympus Mju-Mini Digital S was awarded the Digital Imaging Websites Awards Design Award.
- This ultra small camera the size of a thumb fits in your pocket but its compact shape encased in a single sheet of sculpted metal helps ensure its durability.
- Combining a sliding lens barrier that swiftly retracts into the body while the zoom is extended this is an ergonomically brilliant and daring design.
- But there is more to it than just looks and feel.
- The Mini S carries a decent lens and pixel capacity and in tests has proven to be a winner in both close up and panoramic shots for typical use.
- Olympus Mju Mini S is a highly recommended camera for those who prioritise portability and design while wanting to bag some good pictures.
- Ephotozine.com called it a little gem.
- Cnet said: "A stylish, water-resistant ultra compact camera that produces average photos."
- Let's Go Digital said: "It's the camera that's almost impossible to miss."
Which Digital Camera, Best Pocket Camera 2005.
For a small compact the camera delivers stunning images...
Technical Image Press Association Best Innovative Design 2005.
"A highly developed 5MP digital camera."
- Did we mention the way it looks?
- It's also very easy to use with the minimum of controls.
- The screen is a reasonable size taking up the whole of the back almost: 1/2.5in CCD with 5.4 million pixels.
- Modes - Auto activation in low and backlight, red-eye reduction, fill-in - forced activation.
- Very tough and waterproof body - the Mju-Mini S is immune to water spray. Rubber gaskets throughout the camera's interior insure water protection. The Weatherproof case creates extra resistance for splashes and showers.
- With 5.0 million pixels this is not a toy. Many reviewers remark on its excellent image quality even up to A3.
- The latest model comes in a range of colours including a very tasty Enamel Black plus Lagoon Blue.
In Your Box
- Olympus Mju Mini S
- LI-30B Lithium ion battery
- LI-30C Battery charger
- 16MB xD-Picture Card
- USB cable
- AV cable
- Software CD-ROM (OLYMPUS Master)
- Instruction manual
- Warranty card
- The large 1.8in LCD screen shows crisp images even from 160 viewing angles
- It weighs just 115g.
- It's an ideal camera for travelers and outdoor folk and a sound choice for those who enjoy traveling light.
- Editing features include fish-eye and soft-focus effects, 14 scene modes, movie recording with sound.