Verdict for RuneScape - www.runescape.com
Runescape is a gaming revolution with milions of fans. Read the Review Centre Editor's Summary of this multi-player online role playing game. Review Centre's guide is ideal for new players, those wanting to refresh their skills or anyone inquisitive about this fantasy gaming phenomenon. Written June 2006.
Runescape Has Taken The World By Storm
What Is Runescape?
This virtual online multiplayer adventure game is like no other game. The graphics may not be as good as some games. There are all the standard things to do. There are monsters to fight and kill and quests and adventures to pursue. But the success of this game is in the fun and interplay you will have with other members. You will meet characters who you can join forces with and trade with. You can join in the fun with friends and start an adventure together or you can meet other gamers and take it from there.
Whats so brilliant about this online game is that it is free or relatively cheap for those wanting to try out an online game experience.
And if you read our reviews at Review Centre you will see that the majority of people who get involved find it to be harmless, addictive fun. There are limitless possibilities in this virtual world which, dare we say it, is a bit like the real world. You have to work hard, make friends, defeat enemies and even battle with the ups and downs of the Runescape economy as you trade materials, labour and money. A recent development at Runescape is that you can even build your own house.
- RuneScape is a MMORPG - a multiplayer online role playing game.
- 3D online interactive adventure game.
- Membership costs - $5 per month.
- Runescape was launched in 2001 by Jagex.
- Anyone can play from a remote location with internet access.
- The game is the most popular online Java formatted game in the world.
- Runescape continues to expand its membership with over two million players currently involved on over 130 servers.
- Runescape is updated and expanded usually on a weekly basis with new features and improved running quality.
- During peak hours over 100,000 players are online.
- Players are all nationalities and ages.
- English is the most common tongue in Runescape but there are worlds populated by members of other language backgrounds. Some worlds have more mixed nationalities.
- Over 50 game worlds.
Hacks And Cheats
There have been some concerns about Runescape cheats and Runescape hacks who attempt to change players stats or charge people to help them do this.
Read Review Centre reviews for advice about this as well as Runescape tips about how to play the game successfully.
One of the good things about this game is that although some fellow players may not be that trustworthy the majority are usually happy to help and share advice.
Important Advice For Runescape Players
- Do not tell fellow players personal info. Even if they claim to be Jagex staff.
- Avoid contact with anyone that makes you feel uncomfortable.
- Ignore disruptive members. You can report anyone who bothers you.
- Do not arrange to meet anyone in real life.
- Young players. Tell your parents about anything that bothers you while playing.
- Do not tell anyone your password.
- Remember to take regular breaks from your computer. Dont let the game take over your life. It is just a game. There are more important things to do like school work, work and seeing friends.
Now read what Runescape players have been saying in our Runescape Reviews