Verdict for BSA Lightning
This extremely popular BSA Lightning lightweight spring-piston hunting air rifle was based on the previously successful Supersport. The BSA Lightning includes 10in barrel and maxi grip scope rail and state-of-the-art Volumetric silencer. It is available in either .177, .22 or .25 calibre. BSA barrels are rifled with 12 groove 1:19in rifling and crowned for accuracy.
- Standard - beech stock and single-stage trigger
- De-luxe version - has a high quality walnut effect stock and a two-stage trigger unit with gold blade
- Manual safety catch
- Patented barrel latch for perfect barrel alignment
- Hand finished stock with ventilated recoil pad
- Maxi-grip scope rail
Review Centre Reviews
Over 150 reviews at this site and the vast majority of them are happy to recommend the BSA Lightning. Many describe it as superb and the best valued air rifle available. Super light and highly crafted and highly accurate is the consensus opinion of a vast number of owners who have reviewed it at Review Centre. In fact the verdict is the BSA Lightning is just a superb quality gun from a longstanding manufacturer with a good reputation. The addition of the silencer is an advantage for many. However, we have received reviews from a few reviewers who have experienced mechanical faults and in particular have had trouble fitting an accurate silencer. Read individual reviews for tips on this as well as advice about the best pellets to use.
|.177 (4.5mm)||850 ft/s (260 m/s)|
|.22 (5.5mm)||560 ft/s (170 m/s)|
|.25 (6.35mm)||530 ft/s (160 m/s)|
Note - Airgun Safety Code
- Treat every rifle as though it was loaded. When handling any rifle or gun.
- Do not take anyones word that its unloaded, check it yourself.
- Never under any circumstances point your rifle at anyone.
- Never shoot on land without permission from the owner.
- Always ensure its safe to shoot and be certain of your target before you squeeze the trigger.
- Be sure that there is a safe area behind the target or a backstop to catch your pellets. If in doubt, dont shoot.
- Beware of ricochets - do not shoot at water or other smooth surfaces that may deflect the pellet in a new direction.
- Make sure your rifle is unloaded when carrying it, or taking it indoors or into a car.
- Always unload your rifle before climbling fences or other obstacles.
- Never leave your rifle unattended, even if its unloaded.
- After use unload, clean, dry and lubricate your rifle before locking it away safely and out of reach of children. Store your pellets separately.