Flowers - disgraceful service!!

dickinsont's review of Moonpig, www.moonpig.com

“Flowers - disgraceful service!!”

Written on: 02/09/2013 by dickinsont (1 review written)

I ordered birthday flowers and a balloon for a work colleague to be delivered to our workplace on Friday 23 August.

The flowers had not arrived by mid morning and according to the tracking information, they had left the depot (about 1 hours drive away) at 10.0, apparently having been on the van since 11.57 the previous evening!!

I phoned the Customer Service Team and was told that they had until 7 pm to deliver, but bearing in mind it was a works address, the Courier always tried to deliver during working hours. By 3.15pm they had still not arrived and I phoned again. I asked if the Courier Company could be contacted to see if they had an approximate delivery time, but was told this was not possible. Actually, I was told that there was no point!!
I had to leave work at 5.30 pm, as did the Birthday girl, actually thinking that we had not bothered about her, but went back again at 7.15pm to find that the flowers had still not been delivered. I phoned Moonpig again and was told that the Courier had up until 9pm to deliver - which was incorrect as I had been informed twice that day that it was 7pm and it actually states that time on the Website. I was also informed that they could in fact contact the Courier and they didn't know why I had been told they couldn't!! They offered to have the flowers re-deivered the next day and although the building would be shut, they would try and leave the flowers in a safe place!! Bearing in mind this was Friday and, due to the Bank Holiday, the building would not be opened again until the following Tuesday and our Company is on a dual carriageway, I obviously declined this and very reluctantly, it was agreed the money would be refunded.

I then had to arrange for a local florist to make a delivery - something I should have done in the first place.

Incredibly, the flowers finally did turn up - one week later. The balloon was completed deflated and the flowers dead.

This was an appalling service with conflicting information being given out by various Customer Service people. To be honest, Moonpig should stick to delivering cards and leave flowers to the experts.

Visit moonpig.com