Moonpig Bouquet "Beautiful" £30 + delivery

bersted49's review of Moonpig, www.moonpig.com

“Moonpig Bouquet "Beautiful" £30 + delivery”

Written on: 26/03/2012 by bersted49 (1 review written)

I have always been happy with their service when I have ordered cards from Moonpig (UK).

However, this is advice to those of you who want to give a loved one a floral gift from Moonpig.com for a special occasion - such as Mother's Day. Don't! It's probably a better to send a card and give Mum flowers at some other time, oh, and remember not to order them from Moonpig. (And, as an aside, we've always found Teleflorist better than Interflora)

I contacted Moonpig on 21st March (Wednesday) to complain about the quality of the bouquet. I completed the contact form on their website; this is what I told them:

"I returned home at 10:30pm on Sunday 18th March to find a delivery of flowers on my doorstep. A Mother's Day gift from my son in Seattle, USA. I immediately arranged them, cutting off the bottom part of the stems and using the plantfood supplied in the water. Not the best quality, but I didn't want to tell my son as he would have been very disappointed. I understand it's a busy time, but one still should receive quality blooms. There are 5 white roses, 3 lilies in bud, 5 phlox and an excessive amount of "greenery". Similar to your "Beautiful" arrangement on the website. Today is Wednesday: the roses are wilting as are the pholx and the lily buds have not started to open yet. Usually, lilies open quite quickly once in the warm.
I don't know if you have your own in-house florists or you outsource to third-party suppliers, but please pass my comments to the relevant Department Manager.
If necessary I can provide a photo taken on the day of arrival and one taken now.
Thank you."

I think this is how the flowers should have looked. http://www.moonpig.com/uk/Flowers/FlowerDetail2011.aspx?p=31477&pr=1

No detailed flower care info was supplied with the bouquet. The image on the website is great - wonderful arrangement. The reality was a lot different. As stated on the site some of the lilies were in bud. And that's how they have remained, even after nearly a week. The phlox was mostly in bud and they just wilted and the buds stayed as buds. The white roses drooped and faded after a couple of days.

Even had the flowers all opened successfully they would have disappeared in to the mass of greenery included in the bouquet - you know, the cheap bits they use to pad out the bouquet and make it seem bigger!

Telephoned on Monday 26th and spoke to Joanna (telephone number 020 7803 0390 option 3) - was offered another bouquet or 50% refund. Decided that I wouldn't risk the flowers a second time and opted for the refund. Now I will have to tell my son so that he can that he can make sure he gets the partial refund!

Visit moonpig.com