Just cancelled my annual subscription

Guest's review of Jacquie Lawson www.jacquielawson.com

“Just cancelled my annual subscription”

Written on: 28/12/2013

Been using Jacquie Lawson Cards for past 7-8 years. Each year cards have become less interesting constantly using the dog & cat. Things came to a head when I was asked to renew for another year. Apathy takes over & I thought I could always send some of the older, more classical cards such as "The 12 Days of Christmas" so I used my UK credit card as I was asked to pay £7.25.
I looked at my statement a few days later & saw I had been charged 13 euros.
I hate being overcharged and, after 30 mins looking through the site, I found the e-mail to send to the Customer Service dept. They obviously don't like having complaints. I pleasantly explained the mistake and asked them to explain.
3 days later I received an e-mail asking for my telephone number which I immediately sent. 3 days later after no call or further communication, I e-mailed them with a harsh message and asking them to cancel my subscription and repaying me.
They then sent me an e-mail just saying they were sorry. 5 days later a repayment of 4p under what I had paid appeared on my statement.
With the amount of free card sites these days, I urge you to look elsewhere or be prepared to pay more than you thought you were going to pay.
If only someone like J.L. read these sites, they could get a handle on what is going wrong with their company. This is no time to be losing clients who could so easily have been satisfied after just one e-mail.
Hope you are still awake after this long missive & Happy New Year to all my readers.
Neville

Bloddwyn's Comment

Written on: 30/12/2013

I absolutely agree, useless office back up and I landed up making a complaint to Paypal who are now investigating them.
I feel they work on the assumption that its a small amount of money we each pay and will the customers be prepared to fight for a refund. I say YES and if we all did they would either go under or pull their socks up, disgraceful attitude. Linda

Neville123's Comment

Written on: 31/12/2013

Thanks Linda.
I'm pleased (in a way!) it's not just me.
I would love to know if Jacquie Lawson ever goes down to her complaints dept, or if she just concentrates on coming up with another inane card design. Or maybe she spends all her time in The Bahamas and can't be bothered if she gets a few complaints.
Hope you get your full refund.
Regards, Neville

Caseypons's Comment

Written on: 22/05/2014

How true your words have spoken my exact feelings, over the past 8 years of doing business with JL. Never more...