Cards but not calendar

rallenUSA's review of Jacquie Lawson www.jacquielawson.com

“Cards but not calendar”

Written on: 24/12/2013 by rallenUSA (1 review written)

For the past three years, I've been a HUGE fan of J. Lawson cards. I've regularly previewed every one,
sent cards to friends, family, acquaintances. Best cards on the Internet. A good number of those seeing
them signed up, too.

However, after my wife and I and others really loved the previous two Advent Calendars, and gave them to friends and family, this year's is a really terrible disappointment.

First, because of downloading problems, it took me two hours to finally--on my own--figure out how to install the calendar on my computer. In the meantime, I was led down a path which caused me to pay for my own computer's calendar, because the free one that goes with my account didn't open right.

I asked for help, but only cursory help came in the form of a list of suggestions. When I asked again, someone finally responded but the help offered didn't do the trick (by that time, I'd figured out how to work it).

As a result, we didn't gift others with the calendar this year, not wanting to muck up their computers. I should say, however, that the calendar I sent my wife's computer did open ok.

Our main complaint now is that this years 2013 calendar is vastly inferior to the wonderful ones in the several past years. It's dull, static. It features rich folk doing rich things, mainly--perhaps appealing to you Brits (I'm from British ancestry), but we Americans would like maybe some more ordinary people in our Christmas reminders. Overall, this year's Advent Calendar (what, dress dolls?) lacks wonder, imagination, spiritualness, mystery--things so important in the Christmas season.

We'll keep on with the cards. We'll try the Advent Calendar again next year. We'll hope, just like Obamacare, that you people really goofed this year and will use your customers (like Republicans should have been used) to
create a 2014 calendar that really delights and inspires.

All good wishes and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

R.S. Allen, USA