Bland, hard to beat last year's Alpine & the London one

Guest's review of Jacquie Lawson www.jacquielawson.com

“Bland, hard to beat last year's Alpine and the London one”

Written on: 23/12/2013

A real disappointment--this advent calendar is so bland and uninteresting. The main "Garden" scene changes imperceptibly, none of the other rooms you can access change much either, and few of the lovely daily bits uncovered seem to get into any part of the calendar you can see on a daily basis. Like why can't we see those paper dolls, for example, or the lord and lady of the house or the children? Why is there no tree to decorate? The Samplers we are asked to do (which was fun) are nowhere to be found, but 2 were glimpsed on the day the nursery was shown, then never again. The one in the Pavillion you can see, is so tiny as to make it unrecognizable. You can't enter any of the rooms (dining room, ballroom, nursery) that you've been shown. The main scene is the worst--nothing is happening. I at least hoped that the deer and rabbits in one day's animation would show up in the garden. But no. The Pavillion tree is dim and boring. I'm sad to say I loved so much the London Christmas, and the Alpine one. This one gets deleted. The servant men in the household also have five-o'clock shadows, surely not a look that the house's employers would endorse! We need a tree to decorate, presents to wrap, or more input into the house's holiday decor. I started this calendar with glee, remembering the earlier ones. Now I'm bored with this dull household!