A beautiful gift

Guest's review of Jacquie Lawson www.jacquielawson.com

“A beautiful gift”

Written on: 04/12/2013

A very dear friend of many years sent me the 2013 Advent Calendar and it is an absolute joy. I am so grateful to her for sending it to me. I will certainly share it with others. I was surprised to hear that some people had a problem with it and could not make it work for them at all. I wonder if they realise that they MUST install Adobe Air (it's free), which I did not find immediately apparent in the initial instructions. Of course, it's all there laid out very clearly in the Jacquie Lawson "Help" section for both Mac and PC users.

Cheify's Comment

Written on: 04/12/2013

If only it were that simple. Everything installed, un-installed, re-installed with every form & variety of options (firewall off, security off, you name it, we've done it) and still nothing apart from "Your calendar is being installed, please wait" And nothing , bar some vague generaliities from the so-called Help desk. They've got your money, so tough luck if it doesn't work .

Sherriw's Comment

Written on: 05/12/2013

Same negative experience for me -- install, uninstall, reinstall, firewall off, security off, Adobe Air installed, Adobe Flash Player installed, several e-mails for help which culminated with a response telling me there must be something wrong with my Mac (10.7.5) -- why do companies default to 'There must be something wrong with your computer'? VERY disappointed, Jacquie Lawson - you get ZERO stars from me. Not to mention, I spent money to send 10 calendars to friends -- and so far, haven't heard good reports from them either!