Better value than kindle touch

• Quality

macspider's review of Kobo eReader Touch

Kobo eReader Touch

“Better value than kindle touch”

Written on: 21/05/2012 by macspider (3 reviews written)

I've been waiting ages for the kindle touch, I can't stand the buttons on a normal kindle as the interface was so clumsy to me.

Well the amazon kindle touch finally arrived at £129 in currys, yes I was a little impressed but not a lot it felt too big, cheap, the touch screen lags and the general interface to me isn't well designed and I found the £129 expensive.

Same day I walked into staples in glasgow, spotted a "kobo touch", I'd never heard of Kobo let alone seen the Kobo touch. £79, yes £79 so I asked if I could try it, manager did his best to plug it in but didn't have a suitable adaptor.

So I asked them if I bought it if I could return it after trying it, as in open it, play with it and take it back if I'm not happy, and to my amazement the manager in staples said yes. (curry's and PC world would tell me to get on my bike)

Well I bought it there and then, and all I can say is it's a fantastic piece of kit, well designed, brilliant touch screen compared to the kindle. It's smaller and feels much nicer than the kindle.

I'm a picky gadget freak so if I'm impressed by it, chances are so will you. The screen is brilliant to read from, much easier than my andriod tablets.

Kobos online store is pretty good good, but personally I download the free books they have and I also load up normal PDF books and other docs as it displays them all.

The wee kobo even has a web browser, e-books aren't designed for browsing but what an ace little addition anyway as it works well given the display style

I've started reading again thanks to this.

• Quality