Do not attend unless you would like to be assaulted

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Jcsmith's review of Akbar's Restaurant, Bradford

“Do not attend unless you would like to be assaulted ”

Written on: 24/04/2012 by Jcsmith (1 review written)

My visit to AKBARs Bradford on the 11th April 2012 ended in pain and embarrassment. I have been visiting the restaurant twice a month for the last 5 years and never have I had such despicable service, the nights events show how a quite night out turned into torture.

We entered, and as usual there was a wait for a table, we proceeded to order drinks but was met by another wait this time spanning 25 minutes. The waiter eventually came and sat us in what seemed a quite corner.

We ordered our starters, since been a young lad I have always had chicken tikka and so I ordered it, we where told a 25 minute wait was to be expected, I thought this quite reasonable. When my started came it was on the traditional hot plate, as the waiter laid down the plate I noticed something was wrong, the fat on the plate was spitting. As I looked at the plate the fat spat and hit my right eye and numerous places on my face and jacket, the pain was excruciating as the fat burned my eye all I could see was the waiter look and walk back to what I presume was the kitchen. I got some ice out of my drink and began cooling down the area.

Having a blood shoot and swelling eye, I was delighted when my main course came as I have never had a problem with it. As the waiter placed my curry down he knocked over my full glass of water, the water splashed all over my right side including my trouser pocket which concealed by iPhone. As the water hit me everybody in the resultant started to look and stare, the waiter said sorry and hastily retreated. The first thing I was worried about was my phone, I delved in to my pocket to reach for it and I was met with a pocket filled full of water, my phone was drenched. In the grand scheme of things I wanted to seek medical aid for my eye and face so I paid and hastily left due to the fear of damage to my eye and the embarrassment caused by the nights events.

I sought medical advice regarding my eye and I am having treatment, I am also having treatment regarding the red hot oil splattering my face, that has left blisters.

I seem to be in a little bit of a predicament, do I leave the matter and be out of pocket and injured or seek further advice?

I wanted to hastily bring this to their attention so we could sort the matter out ourselves, however they have failed to contact me regarding this matter.