not fit for purpose

Guest's review of Ugg Boots

Ugg Boots

“not fit for purpose”

Written on: 18/03/2012

have a pair of classic tall ugg boots cost best part of £200. after about a year my boots are still in excellent condition but the sheepskin which is very soft anyway is wearing thin on the right toe area. any moment they will have a hole.

sent them back to ugg australia for inspection and they said they were out of warranty and that the warranty would not cover wear and tear anyway.
very disappointed as you would think that the sheepskin would be of a more serviceable quality for an outdoor winter boot.

the chap i spoke to on the phone was not helpfull sugesting that my toe was at fault. i had to argue that i am sorry i was born with them and i kind of need them. more to the fact the boots are not up to normal wear but a lot of tear.

i have spoken to people who have uggs bought years ago when they were made in australia it seems that they were better quality than the latest ones made in china. dekker need ddress the fact that they are selling outdoor shoes that are little more than expensive slippers and use better quality sheepskin that is more servicable and wears better than a few months
maybe an alternative is to buy the reinforced ultimate style with the braid at the back or better still avoid the brand alltogether.

ugg advertise as a quality brand and are also a very copied brand and that by buying into thier boots we are buying a superior quality product maybe thats not always the case you dont always get what you pay for!

S.webster's Comment

Written on: 26/01/2013

I agree!! I bought a pair of short, black, leather UGGS ( inc leather laces iff anyone needs a description.(£165) I loved them until I stepped in the smallest puddle!!both feet..toes soaked because the water went straight through the stitching I might have expected it from suede. Although politel..John Lewis, where I got them from said they were fashion items - I cant expect dryness too!! REALLY disappointed with my so - called investment boot - I will stick to Clarkes of similar nexttime.