Mislead into joining Discovery Club!

• Quality of Selection

TheAristocrat's review of Virgin Wines - www.virginwines.co.uk

Virgin Wines - www.virginwines.co.uk

“Mislead into joining Discovery Club!”

Written on: 20/05/2013 by TheAristocrat (2 reviews written)

Apparently it's a common theme to those who purchased through virginwines, to be automatically put on the discovery club. I'm pretty sure there wasn't any check boxes allowing me to opt out during the purchase.

After my initial purchase Virginwins sends offer emails every three days or so. So after three months I tend to ignore the mails.

Alas one email was about them ready to send a wine case to me at exact time I was away on holiday, so did not check my mails for that week. Surprisingly through paypal they took £100 out and the wine case came the day after I arrived back home.

On further scrutiny I noticed to cancel your membership you must call or send an email. A recommendation is always to send an email since communications can be traceable, which is not the case for phone calls.

Also you can cancel your active payments on paypal as well.

Live and learn

On a plus side, the wines are very good but the whole experience leaves me feeling cheated.

• Good

Delivery Time

• Quality of Selection

Peterpan13's Response to TheAristocrat's Review

Written on: 18/06/2013

This also hapened to me, I received a case costing nearly a hunded pounds but I'd had no notification of this the money had gone from my bank account without prior notice. I am now trying to cancel any further orders. I think it is disgraceful!

Virginwines's Response to TheAristocrat's Review

Written on: 17/07/2013

Hi,

Please accept my sincerest of apologies that you unintentionally joined our Discovery Club and that this caused you inconvenience. When placing an order, we do put the information on the voucher and again on the website, we also email you just to let you know that you had joined the service. Before any case is sent out, we email you to let you know it is on its way which gives you an opportunity to cancel the case if you do not require it. There are plenty of ways to purchase with ourselves, most of which do not include any club memberships. If you ever receive a voucher and you're not sure if it includes any membership, please give us a quick call or a quick email and we would be more than happy to explain the voucher. I really do hope that you managed to talk to someone here at Virgin Wines to rectify the situation. If not please let us know.

Many Thanks,