what customer service?

Guest's review of Tanners Wine Merchants www.tanners-wines.co.uk

Tanners Wine Merchants www.tanners-wines.co.uk

“what customer service?”

Written on: 16/05/2013

I had my first ever trip into 'Tanners' this week. Upon entering, as a non wine drinker asked the iphone playing lady behind the counter for some advice.

The lady said she didnt know much about wine so called her collegue over. I asked him if there was a suitable red wine to match some Hereford Hop cheese as I was putting a birthday present together.

The said gentleman then advised that beer would be the best option for that particular cheese. This information was very much delivered looking down his nose at me.

I then said "ok forget the cheese I just want to buy a nice bottle of wine" The 2 shop assistants then proceeded to tell me how wine does not go with cheese because it makes wine taste "funny".

The gentleman then offered no advise for what I then wanted and his manor in particular he appeared to have absolutely no interest in offering any customer service, in fact he struggles to even look me in the eye. The lady tried to help but had admitted she didnt know much about wine.

I purchased 2 bottles of reasonably priced wine with my choice being based on how attractive the label was!

I will never give the shop my business again. Unlike the cheese shop who provided the 'Hereford Hop' who's customer service is excellent.

If I ran my business with the customer service this shop provides I would not have a business.