AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!!

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

beckiebod94's review of The Forge (Poachers Pocket) Gornal

“AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!!”

Written on: 13/05/2012 by beckiebod94 (1 review written)

Me and my boyfriend had been to the forge on many occasions over the past 5 years and never really had a problem until 2 months ago. We decided to have an evening out and the forge seemed like a good choice. We arrived and the pub was cramped! It was a saturday night and so this was expected, we waited over an hour for food and put it down to how busy the pub was and let it go over our heads. A few weeks we decided to go visit the forge again for sunday lunch with my boyfriend's family. Again we waited over an HOUR for food and when we asked a server why there was wait she said that a chef had not turned up on the morning so they were understaffed. If there was a wait on food, customers should have been notified not left hanging around with empty bellies! After filling in an online survey to review the new management at the forge, my boyfriend won a £25 voucher to use when we next visited the forge. We were hesitant but decided to give the forge one last chance. Last night (12/05/2012) we booked a table for 8:00pm and arrived 5 minues prior to find the table we reserved was taken. This wasnt a problem and staff were polite nd found us another table. However it was cramped and I kept being elbowed by the women at the next table! (Yes it was that cramped.) We had to wait half an hour for our food order to be taken and then another hour for our food to arrive, so we didn't eat until 9:30. Again we were not told of any wait on the food and we again asked why the food was taking so long. The manager's reply was "well we have had a couple of big party bookings in" UNACCEPTABLE! It seemed excuses were being made when someone asked why there was a wait on food. We decided not to stay for dessert (McDonalds mcflurry seemed a better option) and paid the bill with the voucher we had recieved. We still complained and went home and filled in a survey to express how disappointed we were with the service. This evening my boyfriend recieved a phone call from the manager about the review we had left. She was extremely rude and shouted at my boyfriend during the phone call. When he expressed he would take his cutom elsewhere in future the Manager's reply was "oh fine! You do that!" This is NOT the way to deal with a customer complaint. I would avoid the forge and its rude manager AT ALL COSTS! they are not worth your custom after the experience we had and we are now going to contact the Marston's company and make a formal complaint!
AGAIN AVOID THIS PUB AT ALL COSTS!

• British

Food Type

• Once a month

How often do you eat here?

• Quality of service