Seasoned diners

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

woody222's review of Duet, Fort Dunlop

“Seasoned diners”

Written on: 05/10/2011 by woody222 (1 review written)

My partner and I are seasoned diners with over 100yrs international cuisine experience between us! So as you can imagine we entered Duet with trepidation - Italian and Indian....!

Starters = Carpaccio with parmesan proved to be better than my partner had recently eaten at a top restaurant in France and my smoked salmon with asparagus glazed in garlic butter was a delight. We asked for a delay with regard to the main course which was observed politely and with no fuss. We both chose a curry, (to test the theme) and then argued throughout as to who's was the most delicious!

Service? Impeccable! We made it clear we wanted privacy to some extent and this was observed religiously - however alongside this, quietly and unprompted, water and wine glasses were regularly refilled.

Duet is for now, an undiscovered gem - I am almost tempted not to review it in order to preserve its quiet yet superb quality.

If you are within a twenty mile radius of this restaurant pay it a visit. Ignore the other reviews with regard to Duet and trust two very fussy but very satisfied diners.

• Indian

Food Type

• Under £5

Average cost per head

• First time

How often do you eat here?

• Romantic