Read the small print

Guest's review of E and L Wedding Insurance www.eandl.co.uk

“Read the small print”

Written on: 09/07/2012

I insured my Daughters wedding with E&L Wedding insurance, unfortunatley the couple have had a change of heart and I have already paid out £3000.00 in deposits, to Hotel, Photographers, Dress & Stationary. When I phoned to see if I was covered I was told they do not insure for "Change of Heart".I thought the whole idea of insuring the wedding would be to take into account that these things do happen.

Chocolatecookie's Comment

Written on: 08/01/2013

I understand she is your daughter. But if they had a change of heart maybe you should have thought of asking your daughter and her partner to pay you back on all the deposits you paid. I know I would! If my Mum had helped pay for my wedding and myself or my partner decided to cancel. Paying her back would be a no-brainer! Insurance is to cover for events or circumstances beyond your control. Your daughter & partner I assume made the choice to get married and then made the choice to change their minds.

Will.ashton's Comment

Written on: 06/09/2013

Had you read the policy documents prior to taking out the insurance? and when you receive your copy? why would change of heart be covered under a wedding policy I mean get real