Written on: 03/08/2012 by elizabethr
Please do not even consider using John Lewis Gift List.
Problems are as follows:
1) initially told 2-3week wait for delivery - fine - after the wedding this then turned into at least 6weeks as they wanted our items to go via another store (no-one could explain why this had to happen).
2) offered to collect from the store - this was not simple, and had to wait a minimum of 8 days.
3) collect items from store collection point - gift vouchers not there - expected to go and collect myself (store and collection point not together).
4) half way home (hour trip) voicemail to say they did not give me one box - will send out
5) box arrives - still missing half our items
6) of items that have arrived glasses broken
7) most of final items arrived (still not everything) - mugs smashed
At the moment they are telling me I need to drive an hour to collect the mugs that they delivered smashed. It is now 5 weeks since our wedding.
Add to the problems phone call after phone call, each time speaking to a different person, each time explaining everything from the start.
From what I can gather the gift list department is run as its own entity - and hence I expect the very poor service compared with the normal John Lewis service you would expect.
Caused a lot of upset and I really wish we never used them.
As rated by real users