Let us down, took no responsibility.

Guest's review of The Wedding Shop, Colchester

“Let us down, took no responsibility.”

Written on: 11/02/2013

I made enquiries about a particular dress to buy, then asked if it was in stock for me to look at on the following Sunday. I was told that the shop had the model, size and colour I wanted, so I made an appointment. I live a long way from Colchester (in London), and I asked my mother, who had to come from France, and my sister, from Wiltshire, to come along. When we got there, the staff knew the time of the appointment but not the item I'd been asked to see. After a lot of searching they found the right model but in very much the wrong size. As they were weekend staff and the manager wasn't available, they couldn't do anything more. On the Monday we phoned the shop to complain, and all we got was an "Ahhh, sorry" from the manager - no explanation, no promise of further service, no admission that they had failed. Who would buy from such an unreliable supplier? Not me.

/var/www/vhosts/phoenix/current/system/lib