Dreadful aftercare service

Guest's review of Pronovias

“Dreadful aftercare service”

Written on: 06/12/2012

Went to Pronovias store earlier this year (staff are usually gathered round lounging at the reception till in packs upon entry to the store) after making an appointment in person and ordered my dress as I did love it compared to all the others I tried on (however, I did "panic" buy as I needed it within 4 months - not so sure I would have bought it if I'd had more time to shop around). Sales person was nice enough, didn't pressure me into buying it and allowed me to take photos unlike other shops which I appreciated. She was also very responsive over email, answering straight away with any concerns I had. Went for my fitting recently and the dress wasn't as nicely made as the sample one (I have photos of the sample and the final dress which is how I was able to compare); the stitching isn't as refined and the material was bumpy where the lace was sewn on. To be fair, they did say they can take this off and re-sew it on, though I think this is a waste of their time as this would have been unnecessary if the dress had been made properly in the first place, note that the lace was bumpy even thought the dress was loose on me, not because it was tight and pulling against my skin which I know can affect the way the material sits. I've tried emailing and calling a number of times with follow-up queries but no-one answers my mails now and the phone is constantly engaged. I'd recommend going to this shop just to try dresses for their shape and to get ideas, but either purchase a Pronovias dress if you love it from another supplier or only if you're within easy travelling distance so you're able to visit in person when necessary as you will probably have difficulty getting hold of them over the phone. Considering the price of their dresses, it's not very good value for money at all in terms of the quality or customer service. Even a BHS dress which is a sixth of the price is beautifully made and probably just as good quality (I ordered it as a back-up but on hindsight would have been satisfied with just the BHS one if I hadn't been in a rush).

Yan2Yan's Comment